A reminder to all students interested in track & field that our first official practice is Tuesday February 18th. At this time daily practice is mandatory. This applies to those who are not in a current winter sport.
Daily practice in February will be Monday-Friday from 3:40-5:40 when school is in session. Saturday practice times to be announced weekly based on facility availability and meet schedules. The weekly calendar for where to meet for each practice is posted by the tunnel and outside Room 246 (Coach McCarthy’s classroom).
Track & field athletes should be attentive to the following items:
- All paperwork on Final Forms must be completed by February 18th
- Dress for the outdoors every day; Distance runners- you will run outside every day as long as the real feel is above 10 degrees
- Training room time is available daily but will be scheduled by event group- build in more time post-practice if you plan to use the training room
- Fall sport commitments are secondary to track & field during the Spring; If you are asked to rest, its purposeful, not a reason to attend an “AM” workout or extra session for another out of season sport
- Our tradition of success depends on committed, consistent student-athletes and coaches- If this is you, or you aspire to improve in this area-there is a place on the track & field team for you.