Monday July 6th is the return to practice date for all IHSAA fall sports. Voluntary summer practices will be offered July 6th-August 1st at the times listed below, with special emphasis placed on the rules below. Athletes will be screened daily by coaches using the Final Forms app before being allowed entry to the stadium. Small training groups have been created and athletes will train within their small groups while at practice. For further information, please read the email sent by Athletic Director Deb Brown on June 18th.
Points of Emphasis
-Summer cross country running will be Monday-Friday at the high school starting at 8:15 am for girls, 8:30 am for boys with check in at the Main Gate of Leighton Stadium (west of school on St. Louis Blvd.); No one is to enter the stadium until completing the check in with a coach.
- Athletes must have completed all Final Forms paperwork (including all parent and students signatures, a physical or waiver (if a returning student-athlete) and have registered for Final Forms and appear on the cross country roster by July 3rd.
- Workouts will be entirely conducted outdoors, rain or shine, with no entry to the school or athletic auxiliary buildings.
- Athletes should bring their own water bottle, watch, and mask each day. All items are mandatory for participation.
- Athletes have preassigned training groups with designated location meetings inside the stadium once they pass the daily health screening
- Athletes must log all workouts on shared team google docs in order to make the team in August
- Attendance is voluntary until August 3rd at which time six day a week practice begins and all sessions are mandatory.
Additionally, the athletic department has shared these reminders for student-athletes
Student-athlete and student-manager guidelines:
- SAs will be screened daily.
- SAs will be required to supply their own mask. They are required to wear a mask when entering the facility until the start of a workout, when leaving the facility, and when social distancing is limited. Student-athletes are permitted but not required to leave the mask on during the entire workout or practice.
- SAs will bring their own CLEARLY LABELED water bottle.
- SAs will be required to take clothes home to wash daily.
- SAs are limited to 15 hours per week on campus (allows for multi-sport athletes to attend workouts for multiple sports if desired, as long as it they do not exceed 15 hours total).
- It is recommended to bring personal equipment (and not share) if possible. Examples include: jump ropes, therapy bands, etc. Equipment shared must be sanitized before and after each use.
- It is recommended to bring a personal supply of hand sanitizer.
- Students will be expected to maintain social distancing when arriving and departing practice sites.
- Prior to participation, all first-time student-athletes are required to have an IHSAA pre-participation physical for the upcoming school year.
- All student-athletes must have an account and be registered in Final Forms, and complete all required forms and signatures.
- All returning student-athletes not receiving an updated physical must provide a 2020-21 IHSAA Health History Update Questionnaire and Consent and Release Certificate prior to participation.
Parents of all student-athletes must complete a Diocese of Fort Wayne-South Bend Student Extra/Co-Curricular Participation Guidelines/Consent Form for the 2020-21 Academic Year.
Our final team Zoom session is Wednesday night at 7 pm (boys), 8 pm (girls). Contact team members or Coach McCarthy for the session link. Questions about Final Forms should be directed to firstname.lastname@example.org